Do you want to join SFH and make a real difference in the communities we serve? Can’t fly across the globe to do it either? Become an Ambassador for Hope!
Ambassadors for Hope
An Ambassador for Hope is an advocate not only for SFH but for the impoverished communities we serve! SFH is looking for committed, passionate persons, irrespective of where you live or what you do, who can be an ambassador for the work that SFH is doing in your local community, social and professional circles!
What they do
Raise awareness is the first and most important responsibility! It can be as simple as speaking to people about the challenges that communities are faced with in Africa, the irreplaceable value that an education will provide a young person and letting people know about what SFH is doing to make a difference and break the cycle of poverty! In addition to that, fundraising! It doesn’t matter how large or small amount you are able to mobilize because every dollar makes a difference!
This is a volunteer commitment. Like we said before, if you are passionate, committed and want to make a HUGE difference by advocating for SFH among your circles of influence. Then you fit the bill! Its that simple. There is no minimum number of people to reach or dollars to raise – we only ask for a commitment of a minimum of activities per year! You can do as many as you like beyond that!
After any event, just share with us your story and how it went and its as simple as that! You can send it to us online or we can create an account for you to write and post photos on our blog.
How to do it
There are endless possibilities – it just depends on where your creative imagination can take you. Are you a leader in a student group or organization? Do you have any particular talents or skills that you perform or share with others? Or maybe you are simply a very outgoing person who wants to turn your social outings into something more meaningful? All of those can translate into an act of advocacy!!!! But we can give you some suggestions based on what has been done by others:
- Organize a small-group at your house, a coffee shop or other venue, speak about and share materials from SFH to the attendants
- Organize a bake sale, car-wash, auction, or garage sale where information is shared and all funds raised are donated to SFH
- Organize a charity concert , dinner or other social event – where proceeds are donated to SFH and awareness is raised through event
- Mobilize your office or workplace (through your HR department) to encourage your colleagues to donate to SFH while benefiting from employer matching benefits
- Dedicate a marathon, bike-a-thon, walk-a-thon, dance-a-thon or ANY a-thon to SFH
- Are you a member of a student group or club? Host an event where SFH’s work can be shared!
- Make a donation in lieu of gifts or party-favors at weddings or other big events
- Dedicate an open mic-nite, karaoke night or other performances to SFH
- Mobilize small businesses or other companies to make a donation to SFH (its all tax-deductable!)
Need more info?
No problem! SFH will provide you with fact-sheets, multi-media and print materials if you need – that will inform you of the context we are working in, all that we have achieved over the years.
We’ll totally show you love.
Although this is a volunteer commitment, we consider your time valuable and a contribution deserving of acknowledgment! In the past we have done the following for Ambassadors:
- Provide letters for students and professionals to document their work with SFH by hours committed, activities conducted, funds raised etc. This can be used at your discretion for academic credit, volunteer internships or other for your own professional or academic development and to build your resume.
- We also provide certificates for each year completed as an Ambassador.
- We recognize the importance of sharing your story with others! This is our way to say thanks and to motivate others! You can set up a profile on our Ambassadors for Hope Page.
Ready? Email us at email@example.com , We will answer any questions and get you started